After a wonderful retreat at Les Passeroses in 2016, I’m extremely happy to be returning in 2017 for more of Alex and Adrian’s fabulous cooking, their amazing garden and lovingly (and tastefully!) restored venue. The constant sounds of birds and frogs was with me for long after!
This week will be dedicated to guiding you to feel calm, connected, restored, rejuvenated and content. Charlotte has been running retreats for many years and has a reputation for helping students feel present, embodied and able to meet our practice with a smile. Mixing mindfulness within yoga practice and through meditation space and personal exploration is a profound and enjoyable way to let go off the stresses of day-to-day life.
Les Passeroses has great rooms and a dedicated yoga space, all amongst a beautiful environment based on space, nature and nurture. There is a large oval pool, surrounded by wooden decking and a tiled terrace where you can enjoy the heat of the sun, or relax in the shade of the gazebo and enjoy the panoramic country view. Steps to the side invite you to explore the large garden, an ongoing project and personal passion for the owners. You can also enjoy the more intimate garden rooms, lake, potager and open spaces.
Outside dining takes place on the opposite side of the house from the pool, under cover of a charming roofed and decked terrace, taking advantage of the warmth of the sun at lunchtime and cooler shade at dinner. Your yoga practice in an oak floored barn, may be warmed by a light breeze to a soundtrack of chirruping cicadas. There will be plenty of time to swim in the invitingly clear pool, warm yourself on its sunny terraces, maybe a walk in the countryside or even a relaxing massage before your next delicious meal….
- Two yoga sessions daily – opening and energising in the morning and relaxing and restoring before dinner. Suitable for all levels and modifications always available.
- Optional nutrition talks and silent walks
- Optional evening meditation
- Day off mid week to explore the surroundings – after lunch we visit the beautiful and relaxing village of Aubeterre, with the world’s largest underground church. Dinner is at the hotel there, after which we are picked up – transfers for the visit are 15 Euros for both ways.
- New menu based on the cuisine of different countries every year, using seasonal produce grown in Les Passeroses’ kitchen and herb gardens and orchard, along with market bought organic goods when and if available.
- On-site therapies available in a private and secluded chalet, for hot stone massage, aromatherapy, sports massage, reflexology and more. Prices range from 30-60 Euros.
For full details go to Charlotte's website or contact her using the form below.