About El Convento
El Convento is a very special retreat centre.
Our accommodation is simple but beautiful with our bohemian bell-tents, tipis and huts. We don't believe that having a plasma television and private balcony will make your holiday more restful. Instead, we give you the mountains, the gardens, the terraces and the rivers to wander through, meditate on, socialise in or simply sit next to.
We aren't damaging our environment by building ill-fitting dormitories or wasting vast amounts of water on poorly sourced plants. Instead, we use the clean mountain water, piped directly from the spring, power ourselves on solar energy only and encourage energy efficiency with both indoor and outdoor showers as well as contemporary and compost toilets.
In all, we are not a manicured illusion of nature, we are part of the real deal. We would love to share what we consider to be the most beautiful place on the planet with you and so our prices are affordable and our yoga accessible to all.
El Convento is ideal not only as yoga retreat venue, but also as a yoga Teacher Training venue, having hosted several before.
• From experience a maximum group size up to 16 students is ideal. We do have accommodation for more than 16. Please discuss with me if this is needed.
• This year we have 5 casitas that are for 2 people sharing. They have solar electricity.
• We have single (4 meters diameter) and double (5 meters diameter) Bell Tents, with at least 8 singles if needed. We charge the same price for single or double Bell Tents.
• Additionally we have 3 TPs of 5 meters diameter.
• We have a 100 meter squared outdoor roof terrace, with sun shade and an indoor meditation/yoga shala of approx 50 meter squared in the old monastery.
• Swimming pool, this is called a 'bolsa' in Spain and the water is also used for irrigation.
• Besides a conventional bathroom with hot and cold water we have 2 outdoor showers in stunning private locations and 2 compost toilets.
• The main communal terrace is linked to the converted hermitage kitchen/ sitting room and provides over 100 meter squared of dining and chill out space.
• Also included is a free transfer of 25 minutes between El Convento and El Burgo to coincide with the arrival and departure time of the coach to and from Malaga. The coach costs approx 7 Euros and takes 1 hour 40 minutes. Malaga to El Convento by hire car takes 1 hour 45 minute
If you would like to find out how to join us up here on our mountain, click HERE.
Or use the the form below to contact Nic Freeman